Frequently asked questions
It is a new and modern version of an old school time capsule. The brilliant idea of a time capsule has always been. 1) A community of people add unique, loving, fun, and precious items into a container. 2) That container is then sealed and stored for a period of a year, or more. 3) On a future date, the container is opened and those opening it get to enjoy all the fun and loving items that were originally added.
Love + laughter + community is a modern version, one designed specifically for weddings. In this version, the community consists of the couple, their friends and family, and their wedding vendors. And, the container is a cloud-based time capsule with everything directly uploaded. Of course, since it is made for weddings the couple controls who can upload and the open date. On that future date, the capsule automatically opens and the couple downloads and enjoys everything from their capsule.
A love + laughter + community digital wedding time capsule can be purchased by the couple, or by a friend or family member for the couple. It makes a perfect and unique wedding gift. And when purchased as a gift, we send the couple an email telling them who bought the capsule for them and how to begin using it right away. We even have an automatic duplicate checking process so a couple will only have one time capsule.
Pretty much any picture, video, or document (.pdf, Word, etc.). The wedding time capsule also includes an option for friends and family to add personal messages directly into the capsule. And, there is no limit to how many items can be uploaded… we want the capsule to be full of as many fun and loving wedding memories as possible.
Here are some ideas of what could be added: save the date, wedding invitation, engagement photos, videos from the bridal shower and bachelor/ette parties, a copy of the ceremony, vows, videos of the wedding toasts, the song from the first dance, wedding day pictures from friends and family, scans of RSVP cards or wedding cards, inspiration board, etc.… There’s no end to the memories that can be uploaded and stored. Couple can even record special messages to each other, meant to be watched together on the special day the capsule is opened.
A love + laughter + community digital time capsule wasn’t created to replace Instagram, Facebook, or other social media when it comes to weddings. Instead it was meant to compliment it… social media for sharing and enjoyment in the short term and a digital wedding time capsule for the wonderful gift of wedding memories further into the future.
Social media can be the perfect way to share wedding pictures and video during, and shortly after the wedding. However, even in the short term, it does have some issues such as hashtags not being unique and pictures being low res and not downloadable. More importantly, when it comes to saving wedding memories long term, we found that it doesn’t work well since, let’s be honest, whoever owns the platform controls the content, cost, and functionality. Even a year later, pictures, videos, and posts shared with you right after your wedding will be hard to find, or worse, not still available.
In researching picture share, and similar options available for weddings, we found the following 4 main differences –
1) With love + laughter + community, you can upload pictures, videos, documents, and personal messages. With picture sharing options, you can usually only upload pictures.
2) A love + laughter + community digital time capsule is open from the time of purchase until 30 days after the wedding. No rush and allows for wedding story memories to be uploaded when time permits. Most picture share services are only open for a few days around the wedding requiring a rush to upload and/or memories being missed.
3) No app is required to use love + laughter + community since uploads can be done from a easy to use webpage, using just a code that is unique to the couple. Most picture share services require the couple to upload a list of wedding guests, and then require those wedding guests to download an app to participate.
4) Love + laughter + community has the person uploading pick the pictures and video from those they have already taken, and limits the number that can be uploaded in a single upload. This leads those uploading to pick only their best. Most picture share services, on the other hand, are designed so that when the app is opened, all pictures taken are uploaded. This means the couple can end up with one guest uploading 20 pictures of the cake, or a bunch of blurry photos.
Wedding scrapbooks are a great way to organize and save meaningful wedding memories. Yet, they have their downsides and those were some of the reasons we created the digital wedding time capsule as a better option, or in some cases, a great compliment to a wedding scrapbook.
From working with so many couples, we know that a wedding scrapbook can take a lot of work. And, all that work is usually done after the wedding by you. This leads to certain things getting in the scrapbook but not as much as you probably would like. With a digital wedding time capsule, everything is uploaded directly by you and your community, making it easier to end up with many more wedding memories to enjoy.
Also, your wedding scrapbook will be a physical item which means there is a chance that it will get lost or destroyed over the years. The digital wedding time capsule is cloud based, stored in Amazon Web Services, and backed up with multiple redundancies.
Of course, the best of both worlds would be to get a digital wedding time capsule and let it do most, or all, of the wedding memory collection work and then, when opened, take what is inside and create a wedding scrapbook using the wonderful memories and messages that were originally uploaded.
Nope. The capsule is open from the moment of purchase until 30 days after the wedding. This provides the option to upload all kinds of wedding moments to the capsule, and upload them when convenient. The wedding story begins at the proposal and we believe that the wedding time capsule should include pictures, videos, and notes from the engagement, a bridal shower, dress shopping, rehearsal dinner, and so much more.
Well, not just anyone… they must have the unique capsule code that is specific to the couple. At the time of purchase, the couple is emailed their unique time capsule code. Once they have it, they can start using it to upload to their capsule. In addition, they can give that unique capsule code to anyone they want.
Some couples don’t give it to anyone, preferring to upload everything themselves, while most couples provide it to some or all of those they are inviting. And, as part of the purchase, love + laughter + community provides multiple options to assist couples in getting their family and friends both the capsule code and corresponding upload instructions.
Definitely! We highly encourage it since it is part of the uniqueness of the love + laughter + community digital wedding time capsule. Of course, it is up to the couple who they give their unique capsule code to but anyone with that code can upload to the capsule while it is open. So, those friends or family members who are not able to attend the wedding can sit down and make a short video or add a personal message.
Nope, no app is required. The couple, and any of their friends and family who have been give the capsule code, can upload via an easy to use webpage, https://app1.lovelaughtercommunity.com/upload/home/index. This webpage is accessible on any computer, mobile phone, and/or a tablet with a connection to the web.
Yes and no. There are basically 3 stages to time capsule –
- The first stage is when the time capsule is purchased. From purchase until 30 days after the wedding, anyone with the code can upload. However, nothing uploaded can be viewed or downloaded by anyone.
- The second stage starts 31 days after wedding when the capsule is sealed and securely stored. During this stage, no one can upload or view the memories that are in the capsule.
- The third stage begins on the open date specified by the couple in their capsule account (e.g. the date of their 5th anniversary). On this date, the capsule is opened and the couple can download and enjoy all their wedding memories, including the special moments uploaded by their community. Please note – the open date of the capsule is initially set by the couple and the couple has the option to change it at anytime from within their capsule account. So, a couple can keep their capsule sealed until their 10th or even 20th anniversary or open it a couple days after it is initially sealed.
Love + laughter + community works in these 3 stages because the wedding time capsule is not meant to be a picture share service or a shared drive. It is meant to be a unique and fun gift… the gift of reliving and enjoying all the wedding love and laughter that was added to the capsule by the couple and their community.
Nope. The purchase price covers storage of the time capsule until it is opened.
Nope. Based on the concept of the wedding time capsule and the need for keeping the memories safe and secure, once it is sealed, nothing can be added to the capsule. This is why we make upload to the capsule available from time of purchase until 30 days after the wedding… allowing plenty of time for the couple, and their family and friends, to put as many memories into the capsule as possible.
The couple will receive an email on their capsule open date. They will then have 15 days to go into their account and download their capsule. So basically, only the couple has access to view the time capsule’s contents when it opens. After they download, they can then choose to share all or some of what was in their capsule with their community.
We take the security of once-in-a-lifetime wedding moments very seriously… this is much, much more than a quickly built app. The software package that manages the time capsule upload and storage process was painstakingly designed and thoroughly tested. Every precious wedding memory uploaded is handled and backed-up, with multiple redundancies, using Amazon Web Services.